- Spa Treatments - Being a Mom can be stressful, so send her off to a spa or salon to relax and be pampered. If full day of massages and facials isn't in your budget, a mani-pedi at a local salon runs between $30-50 and is always greatly appreciated.
- Cleaning Service - We do our best to keep the house clean, but with all the other things on our to-do lists, we don't always get it all done. Give Mom a break and have a professional come in. I promise it's worth it!
- Pre-prepped Meals - Going out to eat of Mother's Day sounds like a great idea, but tends to be more work than it's worth; trying to get a reservation, waiting 2 hours to be seated, entertaining the kids, etc. If you want a gift that keeps giving, ready-to-cook meals are a sanity savor. (I highly recommend Simply Fine Gourmet! Not only do their meats taste amazing, but they are 100% natural and organic as well.)
- Family Portraits - I've been hearing a lot of chatter about husbands who hate family photo sessions. If your last set of professional family pictures does not include ALL of your children, or is over 2 years old, this would be a gift. You don't have to be matchy-matchy (in fact, please don't), you don't even have to smile and pose, go to the beach or a park and just play. If you have a great photographer, they will get some amazing shots and every time you see them on the wall, you will remember what a great time you had that day.
- Appreciation - This one is so simple, but so necessary. Recognize that the special Mom(s) in your life do a lot, then say "thank you". (Don't be afraid to repeat this one often. It doesn't have to be Mother's Day to tell her that you appreciate all that she does.)
Happy Mother's Day!